Download Firefox

firefox download button

Google Search

Bible Verse of the Day

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Proton Persona

Hi, I might be deciding to buy a car but not sure when yet. I would like to ask opinions about the cars that I have in mind. These are the choices:
  1. Proton Persona
  2. Perodua MyVi SE / Perodua MyVi 1.3 Auto
What do you think about these cars? Is Proton Persona reliable? I heard and saw some good reviews on the Internet but it is really good? Proton Persona also won numerous awards such as Car of the Year 2008 and Asian Bosch Award for Fuel Efficiency 2008 in the respective categories. The same goes for the ubiquitous Perodua MyVi. It is selling like hotcakes since its launch. I have read that there are over 265,000 MyVis on the road. The general opinion is that Perodua cars have better quality than Proton.
Proton Persona 1.6 looks nice. I quite like the looks of it and it has a lot of features from ABS, Dual SRS Airbags, CD player, relatively big boot space, GPS, etc. Quite value for money. The same goes for MyVi too. Do you have any opinions on these? Just put some comments or shout it out using the ShoutMix chat box on the right corner of my blog. Thanks.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

got a Persona about two weeks after it was launched in August 2007, and it was doing fine for me till now.

Not even a minor problem such as stereo, door, window, wiper. None.
Everything was doing good until now.

I frequently travel to East Coast, and it had already clocked 40,000 km.

Few things that Persona outperforms myvi

Top speed: I had maxed the Persona at 190km/h, and at 160km/h it still smooth riding
My friend's myvi could only do 140km/h, (those go faster might have been modified) and at that speed it "floated" like sampan.

Handling: Lotus handling really does the trick. Driving at KL-Karak highway is enjoying. You could really feel the car.

Anyway,
you should test drive both cars to feel the effects. ask the dealer to drive it in highways, and try do sharp bends at parking lots.

BTW, go for ABS. It had saved me from "butt kissing" other cars few times.

Nuffnang

CNET Reviews