Download Firefox

firefox download button

Google Search

Bible Verse of the Day

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Vacation Bible School (VBS) 2011: Big Apple Adventure

Hi Everyone,

I know it is a little late but I didn't have the time to post it a few weeks ago.

Guess what, this is my first year volunteering for VBS! It has always been seemed like fun when it comes to VBS. Therefore, I took the opportunity to volunteer for VBS 2011 this year at my church, Pantai Baptist, PJ. 

The theme is Big Apple Adventure! I was assigned to be an assistant teacher for Std 3 and Std 4 students. Our class is called FDNY Reds. The main teacher was Chee Meng. The other teachers were Kevin Thomas and Kitty Foo. In a group of 4, we took turns to teach and went through all the rotation with the students. I taught them on trust (Day 3). This topic is based on John's gospel, Chapter 3, verses 1-19. It tells us how Nicodemus who is a Pharisee and trusted Jesus. He knows that Jesus can perform all the miracles and healing because He comes from God. He wanted to know more about 

John 3:16 was the memory verse of the day. 16 "For God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John%203:16&version=HCSB).

We had 21 students in total comprising 13 girls and 8 boys. 4 of them are from Precious Homes PJ. They are the children of drug addicts. Initially, the boys were always crowding with me. Some of them took some time to warm up to us. By the 3rd day, all of them have warmed to us. One of them was thankful that she gave Chee Meng and myself stickers on our name tags. She stuck them herself. 

It has been a good experience for this is my first time teaching Std 3 and Std 4 children about God. I learnt that we also need to always look out for them as well and to make sure that they do not disrupt the class. We also needed make the lessons more fun so that their attention lifespan can be maintained.

I would like to thank Chee Meng, Kevin and Kitty for supporting me throughout the VBS. Kitty and I are first timers in VBS. Thank you to Chee Meng and Kevin for supporting us and gave guidance on how to teach them and pay attention to them.

Serving God always feels good. I had a great time there. It is worth it although it is tiring. I will recommend you to come join us next year. The songs are good too.

Below are the pictures and my tag during VBS Big Apple Adventure this year:


VBS 2011:  Big Apple Adventure - FDNY Reds


VBS 2011: FDNY Reds Name Tag


Cheers,

Rogerkoo

No comments:

Nuffnang

CNET Reviews