Download Firefox

firefox download button

Google Search

Bible Verse of the Day

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Stress Free Work

Hi Everyone,

We want to achieve stress free work. However, it does not always come our way. With my previous and current jobs, even though I have more work balance now, stress free work does not present every time. What I mean is that we also need to do support as well as other things that are out of our scope during our normal work routine. It does come no matter which company that we are working for.

In our everyday life, everyone is trying their best to do their job well without any hiccups. However, we do face unforeseen circumstances or have to deal with different challenges at work such as writing codes and dealing with other colleagues who may not respond immediately to their tasks.

Through this, we learn patience. No matter where we are, we will face this. Sometimes, I may be the delaying party instead of my colleagues. There are certain things that will take time and we can't finish it with the speed that we wanted instead. Occasionally, there are too many tasks for us to handle especially during busy project periods. We can still manage it if it is up to our capabilities. If it is too much, then we may not be able to manage it. 

In my previous company, we will work late day after day without stopping including Saturdays. There is no life during that time. No time to meet up with friends, no time to take a rest and stop for a while. We will think about our work after working hours as well in the midst of our tiredness. We know we can finish it on time but there are always things that delayed us. Server , people issues (incl. management), production and programming issues are some of the things that we might get. 

When I do programming, I will not get the program correct the first time if the program is complex. I need time to debug and find out the cause of the errors until all errors are fixed. We are not perfect people. There are occasions when after we have completed what we are supposed to do, our leaders or managers may ask us to change it. They do not want it this way and wanted us to use another way. We may also change something and need to revert back to the original one after that as well. There are always things like that.

We should not give up in our work when we face all these things. There is always a solution to all these things. We should not feel that we are hopeless or not good at something but as a team, we should encourage each other to do our best. We should help each other out in our tasks. We should not feel down about it. Team members may need to compromise certain things to achieve the target of our jobs.

This is the advantage of being in a team. I prefer it this way. We can help each other out. We can ease the burden of each other but sometimes, it is still too much. However, the burden will be lighter.

Here are some songs for inspiration during stressful / tired times:












Depending on individuals, we also listen to different songs during this period. I do enjoy listening to Red FM and my favourite songs on my IPod. I also listen to classical music to calm me down during exams previously and now as well. We need to have entertainment and relaxation time in the midst of our business.

In a recent study by Regus, 50% of Malaysians worked longer than 8 hours daily. I was in the 50% as well! Now, I am slightly better because I don't need to work as much as that unless I am needed to. 47% of Malaysians take their work home according to the survey. 1,2

In a nutshell, please strive to seek work balance. It will be a healthy lifestyle as well. We need to ensure we don't overwork ourselves.


Cheers,
Rogerkoo


1 All work and no play
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2011/12/4/nation/9971370&sec=nation
Accessed: 20th December 2011


2 50pc of Malaysians work more than 8hrs
http://e.nst.com.my/nst/articles/2owkri/Article
Accessed: 20th December 2011

No comments:

Nuffnang

CNET Reviews