Download Firefox

firefox download button

Google Search

Bible Verse of the Day

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Dinner at Niu Che Sui , Kelana Jaya

Hi, My school friend, Meng San invited me to a steamboat dinner at 100 degress on Thursday. It is at Niu Che Sui (NZX) near Kelana Jaya. It is a new place. I also invited my friends, Nicolas and Vun Jeat to go there but only Nicolas could make it. I also met another school friend, Jian Han there too. It was a gathering of a large group, i think from a Chinese church. Do you know that I have not seen Meng San and Jian Han for 7 years already? Time flies so quickly. After Form 5, then I went to Taylor's College for a year and later 3 years in Monash University. I am working for almost 2 years already. We did not seen each other since 2002, the year we left our alma mater, St. John's Institution. Both of them did bio-medical and I am in the IT line. It's good to meet again and have fellowship with each other. The steamboat was quite good. I like the style of steamboat which is Japanese / Korean. We ordered a set for each table and each one had our own induction steamboat pot. We can adjust temperature of the pot ourselves to let it boil or simmer. Ranges from 0 degrees to over 240 degrees. There are a variety of soups that you can choose from and these include Porridge, Bak Kut Teh, Fish Head, Herbal and Tom Yam. The restaurant has 30 varieties of sauces for the steamboat too. The mint sauce is nice. Wow! The set consists of fishballs, scallops, vegetables (Wong Nga Bak and one more), yee mee, prawns, yam, oysters or mussels, egg and others. It is a not a seafood set. Ordered a Ribena Lemon juice. Costs RM16 per person that night. Althought it may not as big as the one I always go to in Taman Cheras, it is a delicious steamboat. The deco and the ambience of the restaurant is nice. It has two floors, downstairs and upstairs. Nicolas, myself, Meng San and two others were seating in the same table. Need to take off our shoes before seating. There are seating upstairs similar to the Tatami seating at Japanese restaurants. I may write a review of this restaurant in Facebook too in the iEatClub group. I give it a rating of 8/10. Thanks Meng San for inviting me. I took some photos that night but unfortunately it was not stored in my phone. My phone has some problems saving to the memory card that night after capturing. This may be caused by battery low or memory card access problem. It happened before. This is the 2nd time. The address of 100 degress is at: 100°C Steamboat, Teppanyaki & BBQ Restaurant @ NZX H-G-01, Block A, No 2, Jalan PJU 1A/41B, Pusat Dagangan NZX, Ara Jaya, PJU 1A, 47301 Petaling Jaya For more information on Niu Che Sui and 100 degress Celsius restaurant, you can refer to these websites below: Niu Che Sui 100 degrees Celsius restaurant I have also made some of my photos public through Picasa Web Albums and FlickR. These are the links: Picasa Web Albums - Teng Joon FlickR: Rogerkoo's Photostream

No comments:

Nuffnang

CNET Reviews