Download Firefox

firefox download button

Google Search

Bible Verse of the Day

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Thumbs Up to LHDN E-Filing System

Hi Everyone,
I registered as a tax payer on Sunday through the E-Daftar system. Personal details just need to be filled in and a copy of the IC needs to be uploaded or sent through the e-mail. The LHDN website confirmation page then shows that the tax file number will be available 3 days after the registering. And it's true, I have my tax file number on Wednesday. It's according to their word. 
Then, to be eligible for Income Tax E-Filing, I'll need to send an e-mail to them to register for a pin for E-Filing. I did that on Wednesday night. An automated e-mail was sent out that night to inform me that the officers are processing the application. On Thursday night, I got the E-Filing pin already. It was quick. 
The payment of income tax can be paid online as well as at the counter located at offices throughout Malaysia. Online mode of payments include Maybank2U, CIMB Clicks and other online banking systems as well as through its FPX system. It's very convenient. I could not pay  it online but that may be due to that I just registered. I called in to enquire about it and the officer explained to me alternative ways to pay the income tax politely. She was good.
The deadline is 30th April 2009. All these are done efficiently. Kudos to Lembaga Hasil Dalan Negari Malaysia (LHDN) or the Inland Revenue Board. The form in the system is easy to be filled in too.  They have done a good job here.

No comments:

Nuffnang

CNET Reviews