Download Firefox

firefox download button

Google Search

Bible Verse of the Day

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Cars in Malaysia since February 2010

Hi Everyone,


This post is just for information only. I collected my Proton Persona on February 9th 2010. I have been driving for more than a year now. When I bought the car, my car number plate is WTM 15xx. 


For Malaysian number plates, it is three characters, followed by four digit number. Therefore, each character (WTM, WTN...) has about 9,999 possible numbers (about 10,000 cars). Also, we skip the characters, O, I and Z. These few days, I have spotted cars bearing the number WUX 2xxx. 


Therefore, since I bought my car, there are over 330,000 vehicles sold over the past 1 year. There are over 330K additional cars in Klang Valley alone. People are forced to buy cars because there is lack of transport here. For myself, the nearest LRT (light rail transit) station is at Bandar Tasik Selatan, about 10kms away. I also need someone to drive me there or I drive to get to the LRT station. 


However, there is good news. Our government is planning a MRT (mass rail transit) line from Sungai Buloh to Kajang. It will pass by densely populated areas such as Cheras, Bandar Utama, Kota Damansara, Bukit Bintang, Sungai Buloh and Kajang. This will improve the public transport system here in Kuala Lumpur. It also helps the environment as there would be less cars on the road. People can drive to the train station and take a train to work instead of driving there. It would reduce traffic jam in KL too. More cars will mean more traffic jam.


That's all for now.


Cheers,


Rogerkoo

No comments:

Nuffnang

CNET Reviews