Download Firefox

firefox download button

Google Search

Bible Verse of the Day

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sunday

Hi, Another busy week. But it's alright. Just came back from church. Attended the earlier service at 9 today. I also attended the RBC Bible Conference held at First Baptist Church in PJ yesterday. The speaker was Reverend Bill Crowder, the Director of Church Ministries at RBC. RBC is the company which produces Our Daily Bread, The Discovery Series and other Christian resources. The message was on Elijah (1 Kings 18:20-46 & 1 Kings: 19-18). It was good. He also spoke today at my church, FBC on 2 Timothy 4:9-18. Is anyone perfect? Who is perfect? We are not perfect. It is the same regardless of whether we are a Christian or not. We make mistakes and sin at work, school or anywhere. We may hurt or disappoint other people or even get hurt or dissapointed ourselves. We may say something at the wrong time. We may think that what we say or do to other people is ok but to the other party, it may not be. He or she may be insulted or hurt by our words or actions. We also sinned against God. Anything that does not please God is considered a sin. Some of The 10 Commandments found in Exodus 20 & Deuteronomy include: 1. Do not lie 2. Do not murder 3. Do not covet other's people belongings 4. Do not give false testimony to your neighbour 5. You shall have no other gods before me Being a Christian, I admit that I am not perfect myself. I make mistakes. But as a Christian, I pray that through the Holy Spirit that God would change me to who he wants me to be. He would use the weak to make the strong. God knows that we are weak but through our weaknesses, He uses them to shape us to be stronger and to be more like Him. Whether or not we are good at something, God has plans to use us mightily in different situations so that people might be blessed through us. In Matthew 5:13-14, we are called to be the light of the world and salt of the earth. In 2 Corinthians 12:9 in the Bible (NIV), But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. Only God is perfect, in His righteousness and in His anger. His ways are perfect. Everything that he does is perfect. He is in control of everything. His words are perfect and holy. His holiness is perfect too. Here are some verses about God's perfectness: Deuternomony 32:4 He is the Rock, his works are perfect, and all his ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is he. (NIV) 2 Samuel 22:31 As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in him. (NIV) Romans 12:2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. (NIV) 2 Corinthians 7:1 Since we have these promises, dear friends, let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God. (NIV) ============================================================== Prayer Points: 1. Pray for the nation of Malaysia 2. Pray for those who are unwell or have terminal illnesses like Cancer, AIDS etc. That God's healing & comforting hands will be upon them 3. Pray that I can have a good rest. I've been working very hard. ======================================================== My favourite songs as of 20th July 2008: Chris Tomlin: How Great Is Our God, Unfailing Love, Mighty Is The Power Of The Cross Leona Lewis: Bleeding Love, Better In Time Colbie Calliat: Realize Kelly Clarkson: Breakaway, Because Of You Avril Lavigne: When You're Gone Rihanna: Umbrella, Take A Bow Westlife: Something Right Il Divo: Caruso, Una Noche, Without You Damien Leith: Night of My Life Human Nature: Dancing in the Street, I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie Honey Bunch) My favourite English television series as of 20th July 2008: CSI, CSI: Miami, CSI: New York House Numbers Bones Criminal Minds Midsommer Murders 24 Heroes Battlestar Galactica American Idol, Australian Idol Law and Order: Special Victims Unit Ugly Betty My favourite anime series as of 20th July 2008: Sergeant Keroro Slam Dunk Captain Tsubasa: Road to Dream Yu Yu Hakusho Jigoku Shoujo: Season 1 & Season 2 Solty Rei Blackjack La Cordo Doro Primo Passo Things I would like to have: (Note that these things are not a must) IPhone 3G Black Microsoft Visual Studio 2008, Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Sony Bravia LCD TV

No comments:

Nuffnang

CNET Reviews